What I wish all owner and veterinarians understood and acted on.
- Your pet can be diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 3-4 months of age
- A relatively minor preventive surgery, the Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis (JPS), can be performed at this age.
- This procedure can markedly change the progression of disease.
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR PET IS SHOWING CLINICAL SIGNS
- Once your pet is showing signs, it is very likely too late for the JPS. Options are much more aggressive/invasive at that point.
See here for more information on Hip Dysplasia
See here for more information on the Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis (JPS)