For more information on ureteral obstruction and other options see here
- Recommended therapy for dogs
- Available in variety of size and lengths
- Surgical vs. endoscopic placement
- Pigtail coils keep stent from migrating
- Unilateral or bilateral as needed
- Can be maintained for life of the pet
- Avoids high risk of stricture (scar tissue obstruction) and leakage associated with surgery on the ureters.
Please schedule an appointment with our board-certified surgeon, Dr. Jeff Christiansen at the clinic of your choice, to evaluate your pet and to discuss ureteral stenting to improve your pet's or patient's length and quality of life.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to e-mail Dr. Christiansen directly.
For additional information on ureteral stents, see Infiniti Medical